This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: –
– Dynamic content – changes based on user input
Webpages not linked to others
Examples: Password protected sites/sources (e.g. Library article databases), purchasing airline tickets, job searches, etc. Web Evaluation
• What are some of the major criteria you should use to evaluate websites (i.e. CRAAP guidelines)?
• Last update…?
• Broken links
• Who is the audience?
• Does the info really relate to your topic?
• Credentials/contact info for author/creator of page
• Can you verify information elsewhere?
• Reason(s) for website to exist (look for Mission Statement, etc.)
• Language on site: Inflammatory or neutral (i.e. objective)? Copyright Issues
• Define “fair use” – Exceptions to copyright law that allow for educational, satirical, or news usage of protected materials • Define “public domain...
View Full Document
- Fall '13