This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: or logo
establishes the company as part of what the team,
event or league represents that is lasting and
The Goal: Find potential customers’ patterns of attitude
& activity, then fit your promotion to these patterns. Making the Connection
Making the Connection
Kia has focused their sports advertising on the NBA.
Their magazine ads promote their TV sponsorship.
Multiplatform integration Sponsorship/ Entitlement Examples
Sponsorship/ The Stadium Name Game
The 3 of 30 Arenas do NOT have name sponsors 7 of 32 Stadiums have no name sponsor 11 of 30 Stadiums have no name sponsor
The $20 million per year club:
AT&T Stadium Mets
Dallas Cowboys $1015 million per year:
FedEx Field Houston Texans
Washington Redskins Sponsorship Rights
1. Use of Logo, name, trademark connecting
product with event
2. Exclusive category association
3. Entitlement: event, facility, series
4. Official sponsor, supplier, product or
“presented by” designation
5. Exclusive use of product or service at event
6. Joint promotional or advertising campaigns Sports Sponsorship Benefits
1. Increase public awareness of the product/ service
2. Alter or reinforce public perceptions
3. Identify the company with market segments
4. Involve the company with a community/ region
5. Builds goodwill with decision-makers
6. Generates medi...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/05/2014 for the course SPM 325 taught by Professor Dennisdeninger during the Fall '12 term at Syracuse.
- Fall '12