This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: greater employee connection with work and increase discretionary effort. Job Sculpting
Job Sculpting You do not have to…
• Change core job tasks
Amend established KPIs
Rewrite job descriptions
Alter organizational systems
Change how performance is measured
Change how the team operates Job Sculpting
Job Sculpting activities can be utilized during…
• Recruitment (preinterview or interviewing)
Onboarding or Inducting
Performance goal setting
Job description / KPI reviews
Promotion Job Sculpting
• Tim Butler and James Waldroop are distinguished Harvard professors.
• Their extensive research into employee motivation and capability development found that neither money nor benefits; praise nor recognition are the primary driver of sustained employee motivation. Job Sculpting
• Butler & Waldroop found that all people are fundamentally driven by Life Passions.
• These are not hobbies, interests or goals but deeply embedded, innate lifelong patterns of passion.
• There are only 8 Life Passions Job Sculpting – Life Passions
Job Sculpting – Life Passions
I will now take you through the 8 Life Passions. Write the numbers 1 through 8 on a piece of paper...
View Full Document
- Fall '13