Unformatted text preview: that attract best candidates and keep the best employees.
Working with unions and individual employees on grievances; communicating with and involving employees
Developing policies / training that promote a healthy and safe environment and ensure fairness and wellbeing in general Workforce Planning Development
Compensation & Benefits
Employee & Labor Relations
Health, Safety & Equity HR Roles
• The jobs that HR professionals fulfill such as recruitment; training; advising; policy development fall into one of 4 categories
• According to Dave Ulrich in “Human Resource Champions” the four roles are… Strategic Partner Human Capital Developer Functional Expert Employee Advocate HR Roles
HR Roles Think back to the different jobs HR professionals do in organizations. Which jobs (or tasks) would fit each of the 4 roles below?
PARTNER HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPER
People Processes FUNCTIONAL EXPERT EMPLOYEE ADVOCATE DaytoDay Functional Expert
• This role provides technical advice and / or services to other teams / departments in the organization that need spet guidance on their HR issues. For example; The IT team needs to discipline a team member or the Marketing team needs help completing performance evaluations.
• This role is about advising; consulting; promoting; guiding and networking Employee Advocate
• This role protects and promotes the interests and rights of employees to ensure they are treated fairly. For example; handling a complaint from an employee about their manager; handling a sexual harassment incident; advising employees about retirement; revi...
View Full Document
- Fall '13
- Management, Strategic HRM, strategic partner