Unformatted text preview: d to conduct performance appraisals
• 13% said that their appraisal process coaches skills to enable staff to take charge of their performance improvement
• 21.5% said that their appraisal process succeeds as a L&D process for staff
• 43% said that their organization relies on their appraisal process as the sole formal diagnostic tool of performance problems Survey Findings cont.
Survey Findings cont.
• 48.5 % said appraisals are a source of friction between managers and staff it their organisation
• 72.5% said their current performance management system could be improved
• 73% said they felt their organisation could get more from its appraisal process than it does
• 20.5% said that their performance management system was a strength of their organisation Analyze Performance Analyze Performance Problems
See the handout. This is also saved in “Class Activities” folder on the L Drive under Performance Management Activities Activity: Performance Problems
Activity: Performance Problems
Complete these questions using the Mager & Pipe model 1. Using the diagram we must first identify whether the performance discrepancy is important. Give two reasons why a skill discrepancy might not be important and two reasons why it might be im...
View Full Document