This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: t good enoughs’ every 12 months runs counter to everyone’s best interests. Failure 9
360 Degree Reviews
Research has shown that 360 degree appraisals have exacerbated appraisal unreliability not made it more rigorous. 360’s have simply introduced a further layer of subjectivity and bias. True, they have collected more information – all of which is essentially worthless and unusable. CEI 2006 Performance Survey
CEI 2006 Performance Survey
In 2006, Corporate Excellence International conducted a major survey on performance appraisals in four countries. In all, 466 HR managers responded to the survey: Australia 137 (34.25%); Canada 120 (30%); England 111 (27.75%); USA 98 (24.5%). Survey Findings
• 96% of respondents indicated their company has a formal appraisal process
• 80.5% said their company has standard forms for appraising employees
• 44.5% said managers complete appraisals on time and consistently
• 69.5% said their appraisal process makes managers assess staff fairly and equally
• 49.5% said that their appraisals seek to clearly establish how well staff have performed Survey Findings cont.
Survey Findings cont.
• 45% said their appraisal process has clear, objective criteria to assess the level of a person’s performance
• 16% said their managers are formally traine...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/03/2014.
- Fall '13