Unformatted text preview: tybased compensation systems.
Support a compensation strategy to attract and retain top
performing employees. Incentive Plan Effectiveness Evidence that there is a relationship between incentive plans and improved organizational performance. Types of Incentive Plans Types of Incentive Plans Advantages of Incentive Plans
• Focuses employee efforts on specific performance targets. • Costs are variable and linked to the achievement of results. (Base salaries are fixed costs largely unrelated to output.) • directly related to operating performance. • objectives met, incentives are paid, objectives not met, incentives not paid.
• Can foster teamwork and unit cohesiveness when payments to individuals are based on team results.
• Distributes success among those responsible for producing that success.
• Provides reward or attracts top performers when salary budgets are low. Do Incentive Plans Work?
Do Incentive Plans Work? Successful Plans Use important organizational metrics
Use payout formulas...
View Full Document
- Fall '07
- Performance Rating, Standard, ESOP, incentive plans, piecework