This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: l 4 L R Find All Overlapping Intervals
• v.pt > r Intervals in v with li <= r
overlap. No interval in R overlaps. Search L for additional
overlapping intervals. l r
4 L R Find All Overlapping Intervals
• Complexity O(log n) nodes encountered All intervals in v overlap. Intervals in v with ri >= l
overlap. Intervals in v with li <= r
overlap. l • O(log n + |output|) when v.left
and v.right are sorted arrays. r
4 L R A Variant
• i and j are two intervals.
• i < j iff li < lj or (li = lj and ri > rj) i i
j j i
j A Variant
• Red-black tree.
• Each node has exactly one interval.
• v.max = max (right) end point of intervals in subtree
rooted at v. A Variant
1 3 c 4 5 d 3 4 b 6 a 6 f 7 f,7 e,4
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/04/2014 for the course COP 5536 taught by Professor Staff during the Summer '08 term at University of Florida.
- Summer '08