This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Cons
• May be helpful to have both closed and openended questions
• Response rate may not always be high enough
• Gain info on events/people that can’t be gained first hand
• Hard to get inside people’s minds Page 5 Choosing your method • Using several different methods might provide the most complete analysis • Qualitative data can add to understanding • Openended responses in survey will help you gather qualitative data Page 6 Choosing your method • Validity
– – – • Inference validity
• Does your overall study – method, measurement, analysis, support what you are claiming?
• Does the way you measured your variables support the results you are claiming?
View Full Document
- Spring '08