Unformatted text preview: ; self-interest.
• Role of emotion?
• Can fade moral motivation
• Virtuous person has disposition & enjoys doing the right thing.
• Not a threat ~ aligned with reason. Deontology ~ Immanuel Kant
• Underlying principles are right or wrong regardless of
Highest good ~ intrinsic and without qualification
To act morally one must act from duty
Good will occurs when one acts from duty
Not the consequences, but intentions.
Criterion to be a moral person?
• Bring about good results, Use proper means, Act with good intentions • Moral Motivation Utilitarianism ~ Mills
• Greatest Happiness Principle ~ Ethical act produces greatest good for the most people.
• Focus on...
View Full Document
- Spring '14
- Ethics , ethical analysis, moral motivation, Dr. Kate Pounders