This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: • Marketing managers do not need more information, they need better information. 4-3 The Marketing Information System 4-4 Marketing Information System
• An MIS consists of people, equipment, and procedures to gather, sort, analyze, evaluate, and distribute needed, timely, and accurate information to marketing decision makers.
• The MIS helps managers to: 1. Access Information Needs
2. Develop Needed Information
3. Distribute Information 4-5 Assessing Information Needs
• A good MIS balances the information users would like against what they really need...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/28/2014 for the course BA 331 taught by Professor Kenbaker during the Fall '11 term at University of Tennessee.
- Fall '11