This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: etermining the exact information needed
– Developing a plan for gathering it efficiently
– Presenting the written plan to management • Outlines: – sources of existing data
– specific research approaches
– contact methods
– sampling plans
– instruments for data collection
4-13 Gathering Secondary Data
• Information that already exists somewhere
– Internal Databases
– Commercial data services – Ex. Gallop
– Government Sources – Ex. Census.gov • Available more quickly and at a lower cost than primary data
• Must be relevant, accurate, current, and impartial 4-14 Primary Data Collection
• Consists of information collected for the specific purpose at h...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/28/2014 for the course BA 331 taught by Professor Kenbaker during the Fall '11 term at University of Tennessee.
- Fall '11