This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: keting Decisions 15-15 Market Entry Strategies 15-16 Market Entry Strategies
• Exporting: – Indirect: working through independent international marketing intermediaries
– Direct: company handles its own exports 15-17 Market Entry Strategies
• Joint Venturing: – Joining with foreign companies to produce or market products or services. • Approaches: – Licensing – Contract manufacturing
– Management contracting
– Joint ownership
• KFC entered Japan through a joint ownership venture with Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi 15-19 Market Entry Strategies
• Direct Investment: – The development of foreignbased assembly or manufacturing facilities.
– This approach has both advantages and disadvantages. 15-20 Major International Marketing Decisions 15-21 Deciding on the Global Marketing
Program • Standardized Marketing Mix: – Selling largely the same products and using the same marketing approaches worldwide. • Adapted Marketing Mix: – Producer adjusts the marketing mix elements to each target market, bearing more costs but hoping for a larger market share and return. 15-22 Marketing Mix Adaptation
• “I’m lovin it” 15-23 Five Global Product and
Promotion Strategies 15-24 Global Product Strategies
• Straight Product Extension: – Marke...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/28/2014 for the course BA 331 taught by Professor Kenbaker during the Fall '11 term at University of Tennessee.
- Fall '11