Unformatted text preview: ting a product in a foreign market without any change • Product Adaptation:
– • Product Invention:
– 15-25 Global Promotion Strategies
• Can use a standardized theme globally, but may have to make adjustments for language or cultural differences.
• Communication Adaptation: – Fully adapting an advertising message for local markets. • Changes may have to be made due to media availability. 15-26 Global Pricing Strategies
• Companies face many problems in setting their • international prices.
Possible approaches include: – Charge a uniform price all around the world.
– Charge what consumers in each country will pay.
– Use a standard markup of costs everywhere. • International prices tend to be higher than • domestic prices because of price escalation.
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/28/2014 for the course BA 331 taught by Professor Kenbaker during the Fall '11 term at University of Tennessee.
- Fall '11