This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ) student Teaching in tandem running ants
• Nature Magazine: January 2006
• Nigel Franks and Tom Richardson
• “First example in a non-human animal”
– Wrong! Modes of Transmission
– Parent to offspring • Horizontal
– Peer to peer • Oblique
– Across generation but not parent offspring
• Common in species without parental care Partitioning the Variance in a
• Population Genetics Approach
• Vphenotype = Vgene + Venvironment +
• HOMEWORK Design an experiment that
would you to detect the interaction of genes
and the environment....
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/09/2014 for the course BIO 320 taught by Professor Ashley-ross,m during the Fall '08 term at Wake Forest.
- Fall '08