This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: nausea due to chemotherapy.
– Dronabinol (Marinol®) C-II.
– Nabilone (Cesamet®) is a synthetic related to THC. • Main antiemetic value in patients who do not
respond to other antiemetics such as
– Other meds give same relief without THC’s side effects • Side effects of therapeutic levels of THC
Dry mouth, tachycardia
Dizziness, inability to concentrate, disorientation
Anxiety, depression, paranoia, manic psychosis, visual
hallucinations Cathartics (means to cleanse)
• Contrast with laxatives or purgatives
• Major causes of constipation include:
– lack of diet fiber
lack of exercise
drugs, overuse of cathartics
lack of peristalsis (many causes). Cathartics: Therapeutic Uses
• Treat or avoid constipation - some significant
– bedridden patients
– patients with hemorrhoids
– patients with cardiovascular disease • Surgery or diagnostic procedures
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/07/2014.
- Spring '14