This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ave a man with breasts or a woman
with a beard?
• Can you have a woman with a penis?
• Can a man comfortably wear a dress in our
• Harder to find good current “social” examples
for women? (boxing, soldiers, football…) Sex Object
Choice Genetic Gender Behav.
Identity Appear. External
Organs Brain XX M M M PENIS TESTES M? XY F F F VAGINA UTERUS/OVA F? XO BOTH OTHER ANDROGYNO
-US INDETERMINATE XYY SELF XXX OBJECT MOSAIC ALTERNATING
-ILIC Common Sex Chromosome
Disorders of Sexual Development
• Looking at external genitalia
• When you have indeterminate organs
– Internal / external (half man / half woman””)
– Called intersex • Considered a disorder of sexual
development in the medi...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/07/2014 for the course PSYC 436 taught by Professor Binik during the Fall '11 term at McGill.
- Fall '11