Discussion on Random Walks

Discussion on Random Walks

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: on a graph is not a great way to model the surfing behavior on the web (or facebook or Twitter) because it assumes that all visits to a page are through links from another page, which is not the case on the web since a number of the visits will be due to users j ust going directly to the page (e.g., typing a URL). That said, the model can be modified to allow for a fixed percentage of the visits to the page to be through random walking (e.g., 85%), while the rest (e.g., 15%) would be from direct visits to the pa ge . This yields the PageRank algorithm (at the heart of the technology that started Google). h. Download and run the PageRank Simulator. A zi...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 02/10/2014 for the course CS 109 taught by Professor Azerbestavros during the Spring '13 term at BU.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online