Unformatted text preview: A.
1. Fixed payouts like bonds
2. An equity investment like common B. Attributes Of Preferred Stock
5. Par value; meaningful in bankruptcy or liquidation
Cumulative Features; missed dividends must be made up
Participating; in years of high profits, an extra dividend
Non-Voting; except as provided in corporate charter
Convertibility; typically into common All Rights Reserved Dr. David P Echevarria 5 NEW ISSUES OF STOCK (IPOS)
A. Typically below current market prices
4. Developing Prospectus
Price the issue
Distribute the issue
Transaction Costs: Spread, fees C. Shelf Registrations
1. Corporation can plan issues up to two years to
2. Permits issuer to time issuance for best price action
All Rights Reserved Dr. David P Echevarria 6 SECURITY MARKETS
A. Organized Exchanges
1. NYSE, AMEX, Tokyo (TSE), London (LSE), etc
2. Restricted participation, trading rules strictly
3. Traders (members) own seats...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/11/2014.
- Fall '09