Unformatted text preview: teger FP Perfect prediction of branches, etc.
Involves 6 of the SPEC92 benchmarks
S. Ziavras Window: group of instrs. simultaneously in CPU S. Ziavras Effect of Window Size • Window: group of instrs. simultaneously in CPU
• Start of window: earliest uncompleted instr.
• Perfect branch predictionS. Ziavras Window Size & Max. Issue Count
• # of comparisons to determine whether n issuing instrs.
have any reg. dependences among them (assuming reg.reg. instrs. & unbounded # of regs.):
2(n-1) + 2(n-2) + … + 2 = n
• Window: set of instrs. simultaneously in CPU
set of instrs. simultane...
View Full Document
- Fall '09
- CPU cache, Branch predictor, Speculation, Speculative execution, S. Ziavras, HW Design Considerations