This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: targets a smaller segment of the audience, it is engaged in a process known as
C) niche building.
54. The belief that female offenders are treated more leniently by law enforcement officials as a result
of the latter's traditional attitude toward women is known as the __________ hypothesis.
Correct Answer(s):A 55. __________ argue that most people share similar goals and values, and that when legitimate
avenues to those goals are not accessible, some will resort to deviant methods to achieve them.
A) Classical criminologists
B) Conflict theorists
C) Strain theorists
D) Illegitimate opportunity theorists
56. Which perspective suggests that religion serves an important purpose?
A) conflict theory
B) symbolic interactionism
57. This general term designates all of those behaviours and actions that generate formal response
through control and intervention.
58. Which of the following is not one of the major beliefs that classical criminology developed in relation
A) People have free will.
B) Choosing crime is irrational.
C) Fear of punishment can lessen criminal activity.
D) Criminal behaviour can be controlled in part through swift delivery of justice.
59. ______ is the phenomenon whereby women experience higher rates of fear of being victimized even
though men are more likely to be victims of crime.
A) Moral panic
B) Feminist legal theory
C) Fear-gender paradox
D) Public order crimes
Correct Answer(s):C 60. Durkheim refers to the system of shared meanings and worldviews that bind people together as a
A) collective conscience.
B) common sense knowledge.
C) unconscious collectivity.
D) ethno culture.
61. This communication device is becoming the most common form of mob...
View Full Document