This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ut has always felt more comfortable in the role of a boy or man and
as an adult chose to undergo hormone treatments would best be described as being
57. Understood sociologically, our most important and influential agent of socialization is
A) mass media
D) peer groups
58. "Students from privileged class backgrounds are more likely to continue to higher levels of schooling
than are students from lower social class backgrounds." This statement supports the idea that schools
are structured in such a way as to prevent social class mobility. This supports which sociological
A) conflict theory
B) symbolic interactionism
59. What has been the greatest change in Canada's labour force since the 1960s?
A) high numbers of employed and ambitious single women
B) high numbers of employed, married women with children
C) low numbers of motivated persons willing to do administrative work
D) high numbers of women and men motivated to work past the age of 65
Correct Answer(s):B 60. Persons who live as the gender they identify as being, with or without sex reassignment procedures,
are known as
61. In Canada, elementary and secondary public education is solely the responsibility of the
A) Federal Government.
B) local parent associations.
C) provincial and territorial governments.
D) local municipal councils.
E) elected local school councils located in each school.
62. Pierre Bourdieux stated that social and cultural capital
A) is produced only by educational institutions.
B) can be turned into objectified capital.
C) are found in paper credentials.
D) can not be learned.
E) all of the above
63. Which of the following is the best definition of emphasized femininity?
A) the normative ideal of femininity based...
View Full Document