This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ile communication among
B) social networking sites
C) text messaging
D) cell phones
62. The process by which developed societies move away from explanations based on religion to ones
based on science, rationality, and logic is known as
A) de-sacralization of society.
D) civilization process.
63. Which of the following is not an example of a public order crime?
D) substance abuse
64. Drawing on McLuhan's formulation of media and communication, a traditional sociology lecture is an
example of _______media.
D) place based
Correct Answer(s):A 65. Elizabeth Cady Stanton's 1895 book The Woman's Bible was one of the first examples of a woman
challenging the traditional Christian interpretation of
C) property ownership.
D) gender roles.
66. Feminist criminology, similar to functionalist criminology, is concerned with issues of power,
distribution of resources and the position of select groups in society.
67. According to Marx, the first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion.
68. After Professor Alexandra Juhasz of California’s Pitzer College taught a course via YouTube in 2007,
in an attempt to understand the YouTube phenomena, she was fascinated to discover that the students
wanted more discipline and structure in their learning than was possible in a virtual classroom.
69. Digital sociality is a social landscape in which new communication technologies (i.e. cellphones) do
NOT promote human interaction and contact because it allows young people to avoid intimate face to
70. Canadian academic Marshall McLuhan (1911-1980), believed that media...
View Full Document