This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: it produces.
4. The the cell, usually the it is.
- example: Fat cells are larger than muscle cells because they are not as active. Specialized Plant Cells
- different types of cells are designed to carry out special functions
- : found in flexible tissue or leaves, flowers, roots
- : specialized for support; are stretchable and flexible
- : provide rigid support
- cell walls can get so thick that eventually have trouble entering the cell
- these cells usually die leaving empty chambers surrounded by hardened thick cell
walls. Ex. Specialized Animal Cells
- the and of cells give a clue as to their function
- : conduct electrical signals, long and thin - : thin to allow gases to exchange between air and blood; coated in
mucus and/or cilia to help remove harmful particles - : carry oxygen in hemoglobin (a protein)
- : engulf invaders and digest them or kill them with antibodies - : have many Golgi apparatuses; produce and store proteins that
break down food; protected from stomach acid by mucus - : store extra body nutrients in vacuoles by converting
them to fat - : absorb essential nutrients from food by means of villi (finger-like projections that
increase the surface area of the cell)...
View Full Document