This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Pedro Sepulveda born in November 1833, died
at age 83 May 13, 1916.
• Pedro married Magdalena Dominguez in 1857,
moved to current location of the adobe…first
adobe washed away, current adobe was built in
• Sepulvedas had 12 children born at the adobe
• Pedro supported family as a harness and saddle
making, and made charcoal on the ranch…about
1000 feet from the adobe.
1000 Sepulveda history continued
• Ranch was sold by Pedro to Mr. Cleamon in
1898 for $1000, Joseph Hunter, the husband of
Smith’s mother, bought the adobe back for her in
1902 as a wedding gift.
• She divorced Hunter in 1908, married Smith’s
father right afterwards, Hunter kept adobe
• Smith provided map of features at the adobe,
lots of outbuildings and charcoal pits
lots 1987 Studies at the Adobe
• Architectural survey conducted by firm Sanchez and
Allen...they noted that the style of windows, door,
doorknob and rimlock were consistent with 1860s date.
• Archaeological testing was conducted to look for
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/16/2014 for the course ANTH 2AC at University of California, Berkeley.
- Spring '14