This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: f 3
– Complete the pre-lab questions before attending (TA will check)
– Labs are mandatory (receive no lab question quiz credit w/o attending)
• Must do at least 8 of 10 labs in order to pass this course
• Make up missed labs during week of lab or next midterm exam week
– Requires TA consent
(given for documented emergency or academic conflict)
January 22, 2014 Physics 104, Spring 2014 7 Exams, Quizzes & Homework • Exams (70% of course grade: 3x15+ 25) – Multiple Choice, Bring a formula sheet
– YOU MUST CONTACT PROF. SMITH BEFORE JAN. 31 IF
YOU CANNOT ATTEND ALL EXAMS (i.e. have a course
that meets or has exams on 5:45-7:00 PM, Thurs., Feb. 20,
Mar. 27 or Apr. 24 or conflicts with the final at 7:45-9:45 AM
on Sunday, May 11.)
– There are no make-up exams.
– Take the practice exams under time constraint with your
formula sheet • Homework ( 10% of grade via weekly quiz) – Important for learning, maybe most important!
– Problems selected from text – list on [email protected] • Weekly Quizzes (30% of course grade) – Available Thursday 6 PM, due by Monday 10 AM: contains
questions on HWs, Labs, Discussions (3 hours allowed)
January 22, 2014 Physics 104, Spring 2014 8 Begin!
• Concept of charge*
Unit of charge ( C )*
Methods for separating charges
(friction, conduction, and induction)
• Electric field
• Flux & Gauss’ Law (next lecture)
*covered in discussion yesterday
January 22, 2014 Physics 104, Spring 201...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/14/2014 for the course PHYSICS 103 taught by Professor Citrinini during the Spring '09 term at Wisconsin.
- Spring '09