Unformatted text preview: ms (e.g. tax law, depreciation law,
profit/dividend repatriation laws). – Differing economic/capital markets (e.g. level of government
regulation and stability, methods of fundraising). – Complexities of internal control (e.g. geographical spread of
company divisions, differing cultures, etc.)
4 • Relevance to Australian business ?
– We observe increasing global:
• trade ~ exports & imports • investment & financing • competition • uncertainty – Many Australian firms conduct business across more
than one country, and in a variety of ways.
• Even ‘domestic’ firms can be influenced by international
events and global economic forces.
events – Australian international trade is reflected:
• At a micro level, in company accounts e.g. profit & loss
statement, balance sheet. • At a macro level, in the National Accounts e.g. Balance of
Payments (current & capital accounts), strength of $AUD,
etc. 5 AUD/USD Exchange Rate
2001-2011 6 2. Key Concepts and T...
View Full Document
- Fall '13
- Exchange Rate, Foreign exchange market