Unformatted text preview: tional
commitment to spouse.
4. Have a healthy attitude toward sex
5. Achieve an adequate level of sex
6. Be able to communicate sexual needs,
preferences, and concerns.
7. Understand/utilize the effectiveness of
8. Assure availability of privacy for sexual
9. Vary time, location, and technique.
10.Truly accept one’s partner. Suggestions for Wives: Keep personal attractiveness a
priority. Take care of personal hygiene. Make extended time for
lovemaking. Utilize some good resources. Participate fully. And… Welcome his advances. Become active in foreplay. Express what pleases you. Become creative in initiating
lovemaking. Reassure him of his manliness. Suggestions for Husbands: Cultivate a loving relationship with your
wife. Tell her you love her many times a
day. Find opportunities to praise her. Always speak to/of her in
complimentary ways. Continue to communicate and problem
solve the ‘concerns’ of life or those
within marriage. And… Keep the spirit of romance and
courtship alive. Take plenty of time for sex. Discover what is pleasurable for her. Be careful of your cleanliness. Remember her feelings. Communicate what she means to
you!!! For both sexes… REMEMBER: Good sex begins while your clothes
are still on. Exciting passionate sex BEGINS with
the other 23 hours of the day. Get together regularly. Nurture your RELATIONSHIP!!! Talk about and discuss your sexual
relationship. Likewise… Take time to look your best. Welcome your spouse’s
advances. Don’t neglect a sexual problem. Make sex fun…don’t be overly
serious. Learn as much as you can. And Finally…Remember: Great sex comes from a great
relationship. Great sex is between people…
not bodies. Great sex gets better with time
and practice. Great sex makes greater and
deeper love. The Fountain of Eternal Youth:
The slim young man I married
Has slowly gone to pot;
With wrinkled face and graying top,
Slender he is not!!!
And when I meet a mirror,
I find a haggard crone;
I can’t believe the face I see
Can really be my own!!! But when we seek our bed each night,
The wrinkles melt away;
Our flesh is firm, our faces warm,
Our ardent hearts are gay!!!
The fountain of Eternal Youth
Is not so far to find;
Two things you need- a double bed,
A spouse who’s true and kind!!!
’74 year old wife’ • BEGIN TEST 3 MATERIAL Communication Research
• Communication is basic to every human
• The more intimate the relationship, the
more important communication becomes.
• Good communication must be open,
realistic, tactful, caring, and valued.
• Communication must have commitment as
a foundation. Communication Research
• Communication in marriage and family life
is very important just because of the
intensity of emotions.
• Communication is important to life
• Communication helps in resolving conflict,
hostilities, misunderstandings, and
confusion. Communication Research
• Communication is desired most and
achieved less than any other component
• Non verbal communication can “say as
much” and “be as powerful” as verbal
• Communication is affected by the general
society. What is communication?
• Communication is a process of interaction
between human beings who desire
sharing information (including facts, ideas,
values, expectations, emotions, etc), and
are attempting to understand the shared
information. THE COMMUNICATION
• This process involves:
– Although this process sounds simple;
problems may and usually do arise from any
one or a combination of these three parts. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
• Spend time talking. Proverbs 15:23
Learn to listen. James 1:19
Check it out. John 21:15
Get inside the other person’s world. John
• Be loving, caring, kind. Colossians 3:12 EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
• Keep it honest, yet positive. Eph. 4:26
• Ban the bombs. Eph. 4:31
• Be specific, get to the point, clarify. Acts
• Become allies, be open and respectful.
• Use more than spoken words. Matt. 20:34 Six Hints for great communication
1. Learn to express yourself.
This will help others to get to know you
This will help you get to know others
Be precise, not general.
Present one idea at a time and make
sure it is understood before continuing.
Be pleasant and confident.
Speak clearly when expressing ideas. Six Hints for great communication
2. Learn good listening skills.
a. Careful listening avoids
b. Give your undivided attention to the
speaker – it s...
View Full Document
- Fall '14
- partner, Sexual intercourse, love language, SEXUAL WISDOM