Unformatted text preview: rationalize the,
minimize, or spiritualize the gross error of
adultery, death is written all over it.
• Sexual non-restraint kills – it kills the body,
marriages, friendships, relationships with
one’s children, fellowship, spiritual vitality,
sensitivity to God.
• It is the ultimate dead end. SEXUAL WISDOM
PROPER ENJOYMENT OF SEX
• The Bible teaches that God’s plan for sexual
enjoyment prescribes exclusive love of a
husband for his wife.
• Proverbs 5:15-18 – “Drink water from your own
cistern, and running water from your own well.
Should your fountains be dispersed abroad,
streams of water in the streets? Let them be
only your own, and not for strangers with you.
Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice with
the wife of your youth.” SEXUAL WISDOM
• Sex is not just for procreation (producing
children), God gave sex for a man and his
wife to enjoy.
• Proverbs 5:19 – “As a loving deer and a
graceful doe, let her breasts satisfy you at
all times; and always be enraptured with
her love.” SEXUAL WISDOM
• No one is more beautiful than a woman
who is loved by her husband.
• An adulteress dresses seductively and
adorns herself with jewelry and
fashionable hairstyles but the virtuous
woman adorns herself with Christ.
• Proverbs 31:10 – “Charm is deceitful and
beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the
Lord, she shall be praised.” Guidelines for Sexual Survival
• Don’t fall for the world’s public relations job
– Proverbs 23:17,18 – “Do not let your
heart envy sinners, but in the fear of the
Lord continue all the day long; for surely
there is a hereafter.”
• Unfettered pleasure is not the ultimate
experience in life – God’s wisdom warns,
“He who loves pleasure (pleasure for
pleasure’s sake) will be a poor man.” Guidelines for Sexual Survival
• The senses can never be satisfied – “Hell
and destruction are never full; so the eyes
of man are never satisfied.”
• Happiness has nothing to do with fun and
fun has nothing to do with happiness. HIS NEEDS HER NEEDS
• Dr. Willard Harley, Jr. believes one of the basic
reasons for affairs in marriages is that one
partner or both are not having their most basic
needs met within the relationship and one goes
outside the relationship looking for fulfillment of
• Each person has an emotional “love bank
account” where deposits are made by positive
actions or statements. HIS NEEDS HER NEEDS
• Through studies of many married couples,
Harley came up with the five top needs for
women and the top five needs for men.
• Please notice these are needs – not just
desires or momentary impulses that will go
away when fulfilled once or twice. It takes
a lifetime of commitment. BASIC NEEDS OF WOMEN IN
HONESTY AND OPENNESS
FAMILY COMMITMENT BASIC NEEDS OF MEN IN
• SEXUAL FULFILLMENT
AN ATTRACTIVE SPOUSE
ADMIRATION Five Love Languages
by Gary Chapman
• What happens to love after marriage?
• Why is it that so few couples seem to find
the secret of keeping love alive?
• Chapman believes it is because “People
speak different love languages”.
• Sometimes people are sincerely speaking
a language of love but it is not being
understood by their mate. Five Love Languages
by Gary Chapman
• Children develop unique emotional
– Some develop low self esteem, others high.
– Some feel insecure, others feel secure.
– Some feel loved, others feel unloved.
– Children who have low self-esteem will
develop a different primary love language
based on their unique psychological makeup,
as will each of the other individuals. Five Love Languages
by Gary Chapman
• Seldom do a husband and wife have the
same primary love language. We tend to
speak our primary love language and
when our mate does not understand that
we are expressing our love, we can
become hurt and confused.
• In order to keep love alive, we must speak
our mate’s primary love language. KEEPING THE LOVE TANK FULL
• Psychologists have concluded that the need to
feel loved is a primary human emotional need.
• The Apostle Paul indicated that all human
accomplishments not motivated by love are in
the end empty.
• Inside every person is an “emotional love tank”
waiting to be filled. When our tanks are full, our
relationships mature normally. When they are
empty, we will behave in abnormal ways. KEEPING THE LOVE TANK FULL
• Could it be that this tank is the key that
makes marriages work? Could it be that
deep inside hurting couples exists an
invisible emotional love tank with its
gauge on empty?
• Could it be that the misbe...
View Full Document
- Fall '14
- partner, Sexual intercourse, love language, SEXUAL WISDOM