This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: overall, you should run.
TAKE HOME POINTS: applications of dot product
• Work done by a force F , which is constant over a straight path of displacement s is
F · s.
• If the work done by a force ﬁeld from point A to point B is independent of the path
taken from A to B, then the force ﬁeld is called conservative. Such force ﬁelds (e.g.
gravity) are not uncommon and have special properties, to be seen in future.
Page 2 of 3 Math 1920 Workshop 1: Work and Flux Solutions • Flux of a vector ﬁeld v , which is constant over an area S is v · S .
• Area vector S , is a vector whose magnitude is the area and direction normal to the
• Flux of a velocity ﬁeld in a pipe is same as the volumetric ﬂow rate, and it is independent of the cut made on the pipe, i.e independent of the direction of the area vector
• It is better to run in rain! Page 3 of 3...
View Full Document