This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ot requires) TCP/IP and C U Socket and Connection Association
• A local host can be identified by it’s protocol, IP address and port.
• A connection adds the IP address & port of the remote host. SAS Institute Inc.
Cary, NC SAS/C & C++ Compiler R&D Slide 17
Feb. 1998 C Socket Programming Tutorial SHARE Session 5958 Socket Library Function
U System calls
• U startup / close
other Network configuration lookup
• host address
• ports for services
• other U Utility functions
• data conversion
error handling SAS Institute Inc.
Cary, NC SAS/C & C++ Compiler R&D Slide 18
Feb. 1998 C Socket Programming Tutorial SHARE Session 5958 Primary Socket Calls
close() SAS Institute Inc.
Cary, NC - create a new socket and return its descriptor
- associate a socket with a port and address
- establish queue for connection requests
- accept a connection request
- initiate a connection to...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/14/2014.
- Summer '12