This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ECTED FOR.
• Does not pass to next generation =
SELECTED AGAINST. The importance of variability
• Natural selection will occur only if there is
• Variability increases either through mutation
or sexual reproduction. Mutations
• Random errors that occur in the genetic
• Most mutations are harmful (selected
against), but some are useful (selected for). 2 PSYC 2010 (Dr. Escobar) Chapter 3 (part I) - Evolution and genetics The importance of environmental change
• Evolution involves changes to adapt to the
environment. If the environment never
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/20/2014 for the course PSYC 2010 at Auburn University.
- Fall '08