This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: rpus callosum.
• Lateralization is not complete:
– Some people do not have language abilities in
their right hemisphere.
– Some people have their language abilities in
– Some people have their language centers in the
right hemisphere. From brain
consciousness The study of consciousness
• Each person has his/her own subjective
experience of being conscious.
• Qualia = properties of subjective experience.
• Access to information may be conscious or
unconscious. 12 PSYC 2010 (Dr. Escobar) Chapter 4 - The brain Unconscious influences on behavior
• Stimuli that are perceived subliminally can
alter behavior. Is awareness located in a specific brain area?
• Different types of awareness seem to be
related to different areas of the brain.
• Consciousness appears to be related to which
areas of the brain are most active = neuronal
• Blindsight = Damage to part of the visual
cortex results in people being blind but able
to “see” without awareness. 13...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/20/2014 for the course PSYC 2010 at Auburn University.
- Fall '08