This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: esentations (i.e. a globe, a miniature toy car)
– Pictorial models: maps, graphics, etc.
– Conceptual model: a mental image of an Earth feature, or a mental map. Models and Models and Systems • Systems Analysis – System defined by accounting for all the different parts and processes
– Interaction of the different system parts must be examined • Consists of input and outputs – Inputs: energy / matter entering a system
– Outputs: energy / matter leaving the system • Example: A thunderstorm – Input: warm, moist air feeding the storm system, allowing growth
– Output: cool air, rain falling and exiting the storm system Models and Models and Systems
• Open System: System where energy / matter move freely as inputs and outputs. – Examples: • Stream: rock sediments enter and leave the...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/22/2014 for the course GEOG 21062-002 at Kent State.
- Spring '14