Unformatted text preview: Environmental Science The Environmental Science Perspective
• Life support system: – A set of interrelated components needed for life to exist.
– i.e.) Oxygen, Water, the Atmosphere, solar energy, photosynthesis all needed for life on Earth • Natural Resources: – Any element, material, or organism existing in nature that may be useful to humans. • Pollution: – Undesirable or unhealthy contamination in the natural env’t. The Environmental Science The Environmental Science Perspective
• Capacity of Earth to support • human population may have a threshold at some point.
Possible limit to available environmental resources
– Function of human population numbers and natural resource consumption per person • Long term environmental effects of fossil fuel dependence? Models and systems
Models and systems
• Model: a simplification of a • concept that is more complex in reality
– Physical models: 3D repr...
View Full Document