Unformatted text preview: stribution & pattern
Spatial distribution & pattern
• Spatial distribution: – the extent of the area or areas where a specific feature exists – i.e.) how much of NE Ohio consists of a city landscape? • Spatial Pattern: – the nature of how features are arranged spatially.
– i.e.) Are the U.S. major metropolitan city areas clustered together or are they located far apart? Spatial distribution & pattern (cont’d)
Spatial distribution & pattern (cont’d)
• Spatial Interaction: – refers to different features existing in different locations impacting each other due to all things being interconnected through space.
– i.e.) Low Pressure in north central U.S. may cause storms in the Ohio valley
– i.e.) Earthquake in Pacific Ocean may lead to a tsunami e...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/22/2014 for the course GEOG 21062-002 at Kent State.
- Spring '14