Unformatted text preview: eristics of Place
– Spatial Distribution and Pattern
– Spatial Interaction
– The Changing Earth • The Environmental Science Perspective
• Models and Systems Location
• Absolute Location: – Using a coordinate system or address to identify a location; examples:
• Current location: 310 McGilvrey Hall, Kent, OH 44242
• Coordinates of Kent, OH: 41°9′2″N 81°21′40″W • Relative Location: – Identifying one location in relation to a second location; examples:
• The instructor is ~400 miles east of Chicago, IL
• Kent, OH is ~40 miles southeast of Cleveland, OH Characteristics of Place
Characteristics of Place
• What are the unique features that define a specific location?
• Kent, OH:
– hilly terrain
Warm, humid summers
Acorn Alley Spatial di...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/22/2014 for the course GEOG 21062-002 at Kent State.
- Spring '14