This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: vent for land masses thousands of miles away The Changing Earth
The Changing Earth
• Different features pertaining to locations on earth constantly change in a spatial context: – How is the weather different today from yesterday?
– How has the climate for Kent, OH changed from 100 years ago?
– How has the population for Kent, OH changed from 100 years ago? • Geography encompasses characteristic changes that define a place over time System
• System: an entity consisting of interrelated parts or components – i.e. the human body • Subsystems: Smaller components comprising a system.
– i.e. the skeletal system • Variables: Individual components of a system.
– i.e.) skull, ribs, femur The Earth System
• Earth system: – our planetary environment • Earth’s Four Major Subsystems – Atmosphere
– Biosphere Earth...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/22/2014 for the course GEOG 21062-002 at Kent State.
- Spring '14