Mobile game industry (Weak 3).docx - Mobile Revenues...

This preview shows page 1 - 2 out of 2 pages.

Mobile Revenues Account for More Than 50% of the Global Games Market as It Reaches $137.9Billion in 2018Today, Newzoo released the latest quarterly update of its Global Games Market Report service. We forecastthat 2.3 billion gamers across the globe will spend $137.9 billion on games in 2018. This represents anincrease of +13.3% from the year before, or $16.2 billion. Digital game revenues will take 91% of the globalmarket with $125.3 billion. Mobile gaming will continue to be the largest segment following 10 years of double-digit growth since thefirst iPhone was launched in 2007. In total, mobile revenues will grow +25.5% year on year to reach $70.3billion. This means that for the first time, more than half of all game revenues will come from the mobilesegment. Smartphones will account for 80% of this, or $56.4 billion, with the remaining 20% coming fromtablets. Console gaming is the second-largest segment generating $34.6 billion in 2018, while PC games willbring in $32.9 billion.

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture