Unformatted text preview: folds prevent promiscuous interactions between
components of different pathways Rewiring MAP kinase pathways using alternative scaffold assembly mechanisms.
Park SH, Zarrinpar A, Lim WA. Science. 2003 Feb 14;299(5609):1061-4. Signal transduction summary
1. Cells receive many different kind of signals that they
transduce to cellular responses
2. Techniques for studying signal transduction include
genetics, RNAi, Co-IPs, localization methods, phosphospecific antibodies, and transcriptional read-outs
3. Nuclear hormone receptors act intracellularly
4. G-protein signaling makes use of cAMP and lipids as
5. Tyrosine kinase receptor initiate signaling by dimerization
6. Phosphorylation is a common motif in signal transduction
pathways: Map kinase signaling...
View Full Document
- Winter '08
- Cell Signaling