The formulas for effect size for all three ttests are

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: words, there’s a 5% chance we’ll get data that lead to a confidence interval that doesn’t contain the true value. That means there’s a 95% chance we’ll end up with a confidence interval that does contain the true value. This is why it’s called a 95% confidence interval. You can also get confidence intervals for any other level of confidence, by changing α. As the example of 95% confidence shows, the confidence level is always 1 minus the alpha level. confidence = 1 – α (10) Keep in mind that the alpha level affects the confidence interval by determining tcrit. A smaller value of α (i.e., more confidence) leads to a larger tcrit (see Eq. 7), which leads to a wider confidence interval. Formulas for Cohen's d. Cohen’s d measures effect size relative to the standard deviation of the raw scores....
View Full Document

This document was uploaded on 02/25/2014 for the course PSYC 3101 at Colorado.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online