Unformatted text preview: s), and select Rotated Title. In the axis title box, type Temp. (C). IV. Removing the Gridlines and adjusting the scales on the X- and Y-axes.
12. In the Axes section, click on the Gridlines tab, scroll down to Primary Horizontal Gridlines and
13. In the Axes section, click on the Axes tab, scroll down to Primary Vertical Axis (Y-axis) and select More Primary Vertical Axis Options. In Axis Options, change the 'Minor tick mark type' to
OUTSIDE. Click Close. V. Drawing cooling curves to obtain the freezing points for the Naphthalene and
1. From your graph, select the point at which the temperature of the solution starts to become a
constant. From this point, draw a horizontal line (extrapolation) to the temperature axis.
2. Extrapolating the horizontal line to the temperature axis gives the freezing point for the
naphthalene and naphthalene-sulfur solutions. Record these values in your notebook and on the
appropriate place on your report sheet....
View Full Document
- Spring '14
- Chemistry, René Descartes, Euclidean geometry