Unformatted text preview: mole Note! The following instructions were written for the Windows version of Excel.
There may be slight variations for Mac users!
I. Plotting the graph.
1. Open Microsoft Excel.
2. In Column A (X-axis), enter your data for Time (in seconds) starting with 20 seconds up to your
last recorded time.
3. In Column B (Y-axis), enter your Temperature values for Naphthalene (Trial #1).
4. In Column C (also Y-axis), enter your Temperature values for Naphthalene-Sulfur (Trial #1).
5. Highlight your data in Columns A (Time) and B (Naphthalene-Trial #1). From the menu bar click
on the Insert tab, select “Charts”, and then click on the Scatter plot. The graph will now be
pasted on the screen.
6. For the naphthalene-sulfur plot, hold the control key (CTRL – PC) or command key (Mac), and
highlight Column A (Time) and Column C (N...
View Full Document
- Spring '14
- Chemistry, René Descartes, Euclidean geometry