This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: repair themselves.
• Describe how muscles and bones work together to produce locomotion.
• State the causes of osteoporosis and how it can be prevented.
• “The appendicular skeleton” http://www.wisc-online.com/objects/index_tj.asp?objID=AP13404 and “the axial
skeleton” http://www.wisc-online.com/objects/index_tj.asp?objID=AP12904 are interactive lessons for
anyone who would like to learn the names of bones.
• “Muscle cell contraction”http://www.wisc-online.com/objects/index_tj.asp?objID=AP2904 is an animated
tutorial explaining how muscle fibers function and how the nervous system interacts with muscles.
• “Botulinum Toxin” http://www.mdvu.org/multimedia/videoclips/btx_moa.html is a Quicktime movie that
explains how botulism can cause death, and what happens if you have Botox injections....
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/25/2014 for the course BIOLOGY 103 at Western Oregon University.
- Winter '09