This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: of
nitrogenous wastes and other waste material, and to recover salts and nutrients.
• List the functions of the mammalian urinary system.
• Define “urea,” and state why conversion of ammonia to urea is beneficial.
• List the main structures of the urinary system.
• List the parts of the nephron and their functions. Note where filtration, osmosis, and active transport are
used to remove wastes and recover water.
• List ways in which the kidney helps maintain homeosta...
View Full Document