This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: all of these disorders, and
even young people can have circulatory problems if they have inherited certain genetic tendencies. Also, a
poor diet in young people can cause arterial plaques that cause heart disease later in life. Good diet and
exercise can reduce the risk of heart problems.
• Name and describe types of circulatory systems in animals.
• Describe the flow of blood through a two-chambered, three-chambered, and four-chambered heart.
• Name the chambers of the mammalian heart and the major blood vessels going into and out of the heart,
and their roles in circulation.
• State the roles of the atrioventricular and semilunar valves and the sinoatrial node.
• Describe how the nervous system affects heart rate.
• Describe the components of blood, including the three cellular components. State the function of each.
• Describe the negative feedback loop that controls the number of red blood cells in the body.
• Name the major types of blood vessels and their functions. Describe the structural differences between
arteries and veins.
• Describe the effects of hyperte...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/25/2014 for the course BIOLOGY 103 at Western Oregon University.
- Winter '09