This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: er, the term “natural” does not mean “safe.” The body maintains a careful hormone balance, and
ingestion of various hormones can lead to trouble.
• Describe how hormones stimulate responses in cells.
• Describe how feedback mechanisms regulate hormone release.
• State the difference between endocrine and exocrine glands.
• State the overall role of the pituitary gland, and why the pituitary is sometimes called the “master gland.”
• Describe the negative feedback loops in which the following hormones are involved: thyroxine; insulin and
glucagon; calcitonin and parathyroid...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/25/2014 for the course BIOLOGY 103 at Western Oregon University.
- Winter '09