This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: cell.
• Lipid hormones: usually enter the cell and are directly involved in activities.
• The hypothalamus is the master controller of the endocrine system
• Hypothalamus receives information from the thalamus about the state of the body.
• Hypothalamus signals the pituitary to send messages to other glands.
• Pituitary releases hormones that signal other endocrine glands to produce their hormones. Some
pituitary hormones themselves have a direct effect.
• In addition to the endocrine glands, other organs produce some hormones: stomach, kidneys, heart, th...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/25/2014 for the course BIOLOGY 103 at Western Oregon University.
- Winter '09