Unformatted text preview: ins one allele of each gene.
Explanation Based On Process Of Meiosis
- One allele on maternal chromosome, other on paternal.
- Meiosis I: homologs (and alleles) different daughter
cells different gametes.
- Each gamete carries one allele for trait (not two). Meiosis And The Principle of Independent Assortment
Mendel’s Principle Of Independent Assortment
- Pairs of alleles (for different traits/genes) segregate
independently from one another during gamete formation.
Explanation Based On The Process Of Meiosis
- When genes located on different chromosomes.
- Meiosis I: each homologous pair lines-up independently of
- Different genes assort independently of one another. When genes are on separate chromosomes,they will sort separately from one
another- it creates variation. SEX-LINKED INHERITANCE
- Discovered by Thomas Hunt Morgan through work with
View Full Document