Unformatted text preview: the potential to be hemophiliacs. LINKED GENES
Morgan? - Concept developed by Morgan.
- Genes for different traits assort independently when
located on different chromosomes.
- What happens when on same chromosome? display “linkage”.
- Predict linked genes:
1. inherited together - always end up in same gamete.
2. produce fewer gamete and offspring genotypes.
- Typically small % of unexpected recombinant genotypes
- Due to crossing over. Ex. Inheritance of wing size and body color in Drosophila Correctly Figuring Out Gametes For Linked Genes
Unlinked A a AaBb AB, Ab, aB, ab B b Linked
AB AB & ab only
In this notation, you have
or to underline the alleles to
signify that they are
"linked" Ab Ab & aB only
aB A a B b A a b B NOTE: two sex-linked genes will always be “linked” Practice Problem
In the rare giant lunar bat, the gene for ear hair (H = hairy, h
= bald) and skin type (P = pimply, p = clear) are determined
View Full Document